Wednesday, October 17, 2012

roscd: command not found

Problem:
roscd: command not found

Solution:
To solve this problem you must define the source of the ros setup.bash file:
Execute:

- source /opt/ros/fuerte/setup.bash
- source ~/ros_workspace/setup.bash 

(the second one made all warnings go away - use this instead of the first one. With the first one, I still got some warnings when I typed roscd with no arguments) 

in a terminal. In my case I was working ROS Fuerte (version 1.8.10).

this happened because I didnt do the last steps of installing ROS.

For a permanent fix edit .bashrc (use 'gedit .bashrc" for editing)and add the following to the end of the file:

export ROS_WORKSPACE=/home/anubis/fuerte_workspace









notice that we changed the ros workspace name (from ros_workspace to fuerte_workspace)

No comments: